East Orange, NJ 07018· [email protected] · 917.512.1587
Waitron, Inc April 2016
VP of Engineer – solving staffing issues through the use of automation. PHP 5.5 Codeigniter on Amazon Web Services (AWS EC2), managing the infrastructure, deployments, users, general tech, and was in charge of Payroll and Accounts Receivable in which I created ways to make the process faster and easier saving the company countless hours.
Rodale, Inc April 2013 – April 2016
Senior Software Engineer – Developed on Drupal 7, including multi-site, for Runnersworld, Menshealth and Bicycling on Acquia. Released GPT, Google Publishers Tag, which included a large custom tagging solution and improved SEO. Skills: Mac, PHP5, MySQL, Apache, Git, Jira, SSH.
American Media, Inc August 2012 – April 2013
Senior PHP Developer – Improving our end users experience throughout the AMI brands of magazines such as Shape, OKMagazine, Men’s Fitness, Muscle & Fitness, Flex Online. This work is done in Drupal 6 & Drupal 7 using agile methodology, web site development and systems integration best practices. Skills: PHP5, custom module development, templates, CSS, HTML, MySql, Git, Jira.
NBCUniversal – iVillage.com June 2010 – August 2012
Senior PHP Developer – Lead backend developer of the authentication, registration, RESTFUL API and user information project. Utilized: PHP5, MySql, LAMP, Kohana, Doctrine, Drupal 6 & Drupal 7.
- User Authentication & Registration – This was a crucial project with a hard deadline that had to be met on time. As team members were included, I mentored them and went above and beyond to make this project a success. RESTFul API’s written in PHP5 using Kohana, Doctrine, & LAMP. MySql database with over 40 million users
- iVillage.com – site maintenance and projects to further expand the site through PHP5 programming on LAMP using Kohana, including interfacing with Drupal 6, third parties such as Badgeville, ShareThis, Daily Life, and others.
- Drupal 7 Message Boards – Convert 3rd party hosted boards to in-house boards on Drupal 7. This project had a very short deadline. I mostly worked on writing custom Drupal modules to interface with the REST API’s for user authentication, registration and other user data functions.
- Master Page Service (MPS) – work on enhancements as well as maintenance.
EPIXHD / Goldberg Technology February 2010 – June 2010
Senior PHP Developer – Developed new tools for EPIXHD’s CMS Made Simple. Updated existing tools to provide greater functionality. Technologies used LAMP and PHP5.
NBC Universal October 2005 – December 2009
Senior PHP Developer – Developed database & API driven web applications for internal and external use. Applications range from cost saving B2B applications to social networks utilizing PHP, XML, Perl, MySql, Oracle, LAMP, etc.
- NBC Sport Affiliate – Architected and lead the development efforts for the Olympics ad sales capture application. Affiliate stations uploaded the ad content and required information. The application would send the information to 3rd parties using XML and HTTP POST. The application saved them hundreds of thousands of dollars and their job could not have been completed without it. Technology used: Joomla CMS, PHP5, LAMP
- SciFi Join the Fight – A social networking site for Battlestar Galatica. A feature unique to this site was the ability for the fans to join the Human or Cylon group and compete against each other in weekly tasks. Technology for the site included API calls using XML, PHP, Zend, and JQuery.
Lanco Corporation April 2004 – October 2005
Internet Application Programmer – Developed database driven web applications for internal and external use. Created custom intranet CRM using information from the MS Great Plains accounting and ordering application. This saved $100k/yr in licenses and training costs.
H2 Design Group May 2002 – April 2004
Internet Application Programmer – Developed database driven web applications for a varied customer base. Products include Cold Fusion to PDF, news, newsletter, email list manager, biography management, document library, plus many more. Technologies used were Windows Server, LAMP, MS SQL, Cold Fusion, ASP and PHP.
Tech Rx April 2001 – January 2002
Internet Systems Programmer – Developed a web enabled CRM. Maintained and managed the www.techrx.com web site.
Mellon Bank May1997 – April 2001
eCommerce Development Manager – Managed corporate Intranet. Developed database driven web applications, including database management. Developed presentation layer and user interface for web site applications.
Project Lead – Managed Mellon Bank Intranet migration and upgrade within a Microsoft Windows NT server environment.
Systems Programmer – Implemented the ADSM mainframe backup solution using the OPC Tracker scheduling package from IBM. Provided technical support for hardware, operating system, network integration and software in a cross platform setting including Microsoft NT, OPC Tracker, ADSM, IIS, Security, and WebSphere.
D.S.A. of Erie, Inc. June 1996 – April 1997
Systems Analyst– Planned Ethernet network layout, installation, and troubleshooting of routable and non-routable protocols including TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, and NetBEUI. Administered Windows NT and Novell 3.11 servers. Managed database conversions.
Edinboro University of Pennsylvania 1991 – 1995 B.S. Computer Science
Environments – UNIX, Linux, Mac OSX, Windows, LAMP and WAMP