I am proud to participate again in the 30th Annual New York AIDS Walk on May 17, 2015. The AIDS Walk is a yearly 10K fundraising walk supporting GMHC and over 40 AIDS service organizations.
As many of my good friends know, this walk means a lot to me. One of my dear friends has been living with HIV since the late 80’s. He’s only alive today because of organizations like GMHC who help those that are less fortunate. If this isn’t enough reason to donate to me then listen to what else GMHC does.
- Funds raised benefit GMHC and more than 40 other AIDS organizations in the tri-state area.
- HIV tests to help people know their status
- Groceries for a family affected by HIV
- Safer sex kits to stop the spread of HIV
- Hot meals for people living with HIV served in GMHC’s dining room
- HIV Prevention education services, many of which are for the youth.
- and many many more!
Please support me by registering or donating through this yearly tradition. Together we can make a difference!